Are you tired of the same old makeup routine and looking to spice things up a bit? Well, you’re in luck because today, we’re diving into the world of smokey eyes. But here’s the twist – we’re going all-natural! That’s right; we’ll show you how to do a smokey eye naturally.
Why go natural, you ask? Well, just like choosing organic foods for your body, using natural products on your skin is a healthier and more eco-conscious choice. Plus, it’s amazing what you can do with some earth-friendly cosmetics. So, grab your brushes and let’s embark on this makeup adventure together!
The Basics of a Smokey Eye
Before we jump into the natural products, let’s make sure we’re all on the same page about what a smokey eye is. Imagine a look that’s all about depth, drama, and a touch of mystery. A smokey eye is like the Little Black Dress of makeup – it never goes out of style!
- Prep Your Canvas: Start with a clean, moisturized face. Apply a primer to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow to stick to. This will also help your makeup last longer.
- Choose Your Colors: Traditionally, smokey eyes are done using shades of gray, black, and brown. But since we’re going natural, think earthy tones like browns, taupes, and deep greens.
- Blend Like a Pro: The key to a flawless smokey eye is blending. You want those colors to seamlessly transition from light to dark. Invest in some good quality brushes – they make all the difference.
- Eyeliner Magic: Don’t forget your eyeliner! A smokey eye demands some liner action. You can go for classic black or experiment with dark brown or charcoal for a softer look.
- Mascara Marvel: Finish off with mascara. A few coats of mascara will add volume and drama to your lashes, perfectly complementing your smokey eye.
Natural Makeup Products: Your Must-Haves
Now, let’s dive into the exciting part – the natural products you’ll need to create that stunning smokey eye. We’re talking about makeup that’s kind to your skin and the planet. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Natural Eyeshadow Palette: To achieve a smokey eye, you’ll need an eyeshadow palette with a range of earthy, neutral shades. Look for brands that prioritize natural and organic ingredients.
- Natural Eyeliner: Opt for a natural eyeliner pencil or gel liner. These are usually made from ingredients like jojoba oil and shea butter, making them gentle on your eyes.
- Mascara with Natural Ingredients: There are plenty of natural mascaras available that use ingredients like beeswax and plant extracts instead of synthetic chemicals.
- Eyeshadow Primer: Find a primer made from organic or natural ingredients to prep your eyelids. This will help your eyeshadow stay in place and look vibrant.
- Good Quality Brushes: Natural bristle brushes are not only eco-friendly but also great for blending eyeshadows seamlessly.
- Cotton Swabs and Makeup Remover: Keep some cotton swabs and natural makeup remover handy for touch-ups and cleanup.
Step-by-Step Guide to a Natural Smokey Eye
Alright, now that we have our natural products in hand, let’s get down to business. Here’s your step-by-step guide to achieving a fabulous natural smokey eye:
Step 1: Prime Your Eyelids
Think of eyeshadow primer as the foundation of your smokey eye. Apply a small amount to your eyelids and gently blend it out with your fingertip. This step ensures your eyeshadow stays put and looks vibrant throughout the day.
Step 2: Apply a Base Shade
Choose a light, neutral shade from your natural eyeshadow palette. This will be your base color. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply it all over your eyelid, from lash line to brow bone. This sets the stage for the darker shades.
Step 3: Add Depth to the Crease
Now, it’s time to create depth. Select a slightly darker shade – think warm brown or soft taupe – and sweep it into the crease of your eyelid. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend it in, making sure there are no harsh lines.
Step 4: Go Darker on the Outer Corners
To intensify the smokey effect, pick a darker shade from your palette – perhaps a deep chocolate brown or a rich forest green. Concentrate this color on the outer corners of your eyelid, extending it slightly into the crease. Blend, blend, blend!
Step 5: Define Your Lower Lash Line
Don’t forget the lower lash line! Using a smaller brush, apply a touch of the dark shade along your lower lash line. This step adds balance to your smokey eye and makes your eyes pop.
Step 6: The Liner Game
Now, let’s define those eyes. Take your natural eyeliner pencil or gel liner and line your upper lash line. You can make the line as thick or thin as you like, depending on how dramatic you want your smokey eye to be.
Step 7: Smudge and Smoke
This is where the magic happens. Take a smudging brush or a cotton swab and gently smudge the eyeliner. The goal is to soften the line and create a smoky effect. You can also extend the liner slightly beyond the outer corner for added drama.
Step 8: Mascara Magic
To finish off your smokey eye, apply a few coats of your natural mascara. Wiggle the brush at the base of your lashes and then sweep it upward for maximum volume and length.
Step 9: Cleanup and Final Touches
Take a clean cotton swab and dip it in some natural makeup remover. Use it to clean up any fallout or smudges around your eyes. You can also use this step to perfect the shape of your smokey eye.
And there you have it – a stunning natural smokey eye that’s perfect for a night out or any special occasion. Now, let’s address some common questions you might have.
1. Can I use natural products if I have sensitive skin or allergies?
- Absolutely! Natural makeup products are often gentler on the skin and less likely to cause irritation or allergic reactions. However, it’s always a good idea to do a patch test first to be sure.
2. What if I can’t find a natural eyeshadow palette in my local stores?
- You can always shop online for natural makeup brands. Many of them offer a wide range of products, and you can read reviews to find the best options for your needs.
3. Is it possible to create a dramatic smokey eye with natural products?
- Yes, it is! While natural products tend to have earthy tones, you can still achieve a dramatic look by layering and blending darker shades.
4. How can I make my smokey eye last all night?
- Using an eyeshadow primer and setting spray can help your makeup stay in place. Additionally, choose long-lasting natural products for a look that will endure.
5. Are natural makeup products eco-friendly?
- Many natural makeup brands prioritize eco-friendly packaging and sustainable sourcing of ingredients. Look for brands that align with your values in terms of sustainability.
So there you have it, folks – a step-by-step guide to achieving a stunning smokey eye using natural products. What are the 4 basic skincare routines? It’s proof that you can create a bold and beautiful look while still being kind to your skin and the environment, so go ahead, rock that natural smokey eye and turn heads wherever you go, knowing that a healthy skincare routine is the foundation of your radiant beauty.